Certain debts are not eliminated in bankruptcy.
– Child support and Alimony
– Criminal court fines and fees as well as restitution
– Debt’s your incurred through injuring someone when you were intoxicated
– Certain taxes
– Student loans absent proving an undue burden (which is exceedingly tough to prove)
– Certain public benefit overpayments such as unemployment overpayment debts
There are certain other debts as well, but this is a typical listing of the debts that may affect a bankruptcy.
When you meet with you an attorney, be sure to go over all your debts. Further, there is a vast difference between what can be eliminated or resolved in Chapter 7 rather than Chapter 13.